The tale of Son de Flor started just like all the fairy tales does: ‘Once upon a time, in a small country near the big sea, there lived two sisters…’ And indeed, everything started with two sisters, weary from chasing seasons in a fast fashion industry and being sure, that there is a way of slowing this world down a little by creating permanent beauty, without the urge of constant consumption.
"Just like that dress still worn by their mother every Christmas eve ever since they could remember… Why no one makes such dresses anymore?"
So we did. An elegant classic peter pan collar dress with a charming twirl from the best linen we could find in the small country near the big Baltic sea. That dress is so much more than meets the eye. It’s calm and safety. It’s home. It’s laughter round the dining table. It’s comfort and assurance. It’s modest and yet standing out. No chase of trends, nor seasons. Time-less. Feminine. Charming. Subtle.
Today we are lucky to count on our devoted team, taking care of every dress leaving our beautiful Son de Flor office.
Before we jump to the founders and the administrative part of our team, please meet our sewing, construction, and production know-how! Everything that we do not outsource to the local manufacturers, all the samples, customizations, and your special dreams are made by the hands of these 3 incredible women.
Meet Rita, our silent and busy bee. Happy to have you on the team, dear Rita!
Jolanta, the whisperer of linen, our thorough and diligent help! Happy to have you in the family, dear Jolanta!
And Kristina, our travel enthusiast, beautiful storyteller, and sound mind behind every dreamy idea our designer Vaida might come up with. Happy to follow every advice or yours, dear Kristina!
As mentioned above, Son de Flor was founded by two sisters Indre and Vaida, both very different in nature, yet getting along incredibly well.
Please meet Vaida, who is the creative soul of the company. She stands behind every Son de Flor design and photoshoot idea, as well as constant daily communication. If you ever feel like saying anything to one of our founders (actually writing this blog as well), just drop by to our Instagram or Facebook or leave a comment here and she (me :)) will get back to you asap!
The other of two sisters Indre, who is standing on firm grounds and keeps the company in one place once Vaida is sitting on the cloud Nr. 9, deeply hidden in the creative or virtual communications with her community or herself. Indre is our strategy, finance, accounting, production, and operations in one pair of hands. As you see, she is also our stock lifter and the strongest person, physically and emotionally, on board. Thank you Indre, we love you!
Ruta, sharp as a knife, slightly cynical, yet very responsible and gentle. We couldn't be happier having her as the thought and hands behind our customer care, stock management, and shipping! Every support you get with the fitting or customization, every positive or negative feedback, every tracking code sent for your parcel - this is Ruta. Thank you, beautiful, we love you!
Take a look at Monika! She joined our team a year ago and we hope for many years to come! Monika takes care of our exports and partnerships but also comes for help in any issue arising in the company, including packing, shipping, tracking, customer care, and/or daily communication support on social media channels. She is the smartest, most beautiful, loyal, and unproblematic person we know in Lithuania, but maybe also on Earth? Happy to have you around, dear Monika!
Our gentle soul, daily 'omm..' and e-commerce manager Indre V., who stands behind our website optimization and quite a few other areas only the Z generation can handle naturally. The most recent member of our team, yet shining brightly with youth and inner calm. We love you Indre V.!
- Our linen comes from a local producer with all the yarns being raised in EU. We know who works in the company and we can assure absolutely fair production and Oeko-Tex®100 certification.
- We outsource our garments, which are not produced in our laboratory, to local producers complying with EU regulations, respectful working conditions and salaries. In fact, we love working with a company hiring women with hearing disorders.
- All our dresses are stone-washed and softened by a small family-owned company calling their softening machines by names! If you ever receive greetings from Odyssey or Neptune, don’t be surprised – it’s the softening machines being naughty…
- We are using no plastic in wrapping and delivery of our garments and urging you to use less due to the terrible things it’s making to our planet-home Earth.
- And finally, we are lucky to be born and raised in a country with rich flax cultivation tradition. In fact, the traditions of the flax plant cultivation and processing in Lithuania stretch back several thousand years before the world got involved into the race of rush. Together with the other two Baltic States, we have given a special place in our folklore and overall perception of the world to linen and the quality of this textile has always been appreciated in our respective countries. We have linen in our DNA, thus we kindly ask you to trust us in dealing with it on your behalf.
That's Your Son de Flor. Nice to meet you so much! We appreciate all your love and support in these turbulent times. Your attention and every purchase impact directly every single member of our team.